Faces Of Pinnacle | Meet The Sage 200 Support Team | Steve Edgar
October 2, 2017 | News
- Tell us about your background?
I’ve been working with Sage software since 2001, firstly Sage 50 for 5 years and Sage 200 since then. The first 10.5 years were at Sage and I joined Pinnacle in 2012. Before that I have done a number of other things, none were IT related, I’ve worked in Finance (sub-prime mortgages), I’ve worked in insurance and I’ve been a civil servant.
- Give us an overview of your typical week at Pinnacle?
Day to day my job can be very different, some days it will be all new queries logged by customers and others I will be working on more complex issues. Some time may be spent discussing issues with colleagues in other parts of the business as well.
- What is your favourite feature within Sage 200?
Finally being able to double click on a customer or a supplier and the transaction enquiry opening up, rather than the account enquiry opening.
- What do you like most about working for Pinnacle?
The people I work with and the staff events.
- After a long day, what do you enjoy doing to unwind outside of work?
Spend time with my family, go to the gym, ride my bike or read a book.
- What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I was once on the front cover of a magazine, it was a football fanzine well over 20 years ago. I was in the front row of the crowd at a Newcastle match.