How Does Acumatica Cloud ERP Protect Your Data?
October 14, 2021 | News
It seems like every week we are hearing about another data breach or a cyber-attack in the news. Not only are these hacks happening more frequently, but the targets are more high-profile. Major retailers, government entities, and banks have all been victims of nefarious hackers.
Due to these security breaches, many organizations are increasingly wary of migrating their data to a cloud-based ERP system. At Pinnacle, we understand that concern.
That’s why we are an Acumatica Gold-Certified Partner. For decades, Acumatica has been trusted by corporations, banks, healthcare organizations, government offices, and others to store and protect their most sensitive information.
6 Ways Acumatica Protects Data
There are 6 important features that are built into the Acumatica ERP solution that will help protect your organisation’s data.
- Strong user authentication: The first step in high-level data protection is user authentication. Acumatica uses leading-edge technology to ensure that the person who is trying to access your company’s data is exactly who they say they are.
For example, user logins can be limited to specific IP addresses, which means that no one without a recognizable IP address will be able to access the system. It’s a very effective method for keeping out prying eyes.
A variety of password protection measures can be put in place as well. You can decide how often users are prompted to change their passwords. Password complexity requirements can help ensure only difficult-to-crack passwords are chosen. Even one-time password systems can be installed, which means a unique password must be used to gain access at every log-in attempt.
- Built-in redundancy: One of the bigger misconceptions around cloud-based ERP systems is the belief that data is somehow more susceptible to breaches or failures when it exists in the cloud. People often wonder, “is all of my data safe in the cloud?” The answer is a resounding “yes.”
When you move your organization’s data to the cloud, it’s stored in multiple data centers with redundancy implemented throughout. In other words, the data just doesn’t get copied from one central location to another. It’s distributed to multiple data centers, so if one center fails or is breached, another comes online seamlessly, and so on.
Most on-premises systems may just have a main physical server and a backup that the main server can failover to. That isn’t useful if there’s a natural disaster or a large network outage.
- Role-based access to data: With Acumatica, you can give users access to data, applications, and features that are necessary to their role. Giving everyone access to everything only creates more opportunities for data leak
- Encryption simplification: While encryption can be difficult for companies to install on their on-premise systems, Acumatica offers data encryption as a main feature. Acumatica uses the same encryption technology that protects financial institutions as well as the United States military. Plus, sensitive fields such as credit card and social security numbers within your SQL databases have the ability to be encrypted based on your preferences.
- 24/7 monitoring: If your organization truly wants to protect its data, you’d need to hire a vendor to monitor your data centers 24/7/365. After all, hacks can happen at any time. That level of security, however, can be cost-prohibitive.
Acumatica has a fully staffed, highly trained, 24/7 security operations center already in place. It’s their responsibility to provide this level of monitoring to their clients and they absorb the expense.
- Network segmentation: The most common way attackers get into networks is through phishing scams and sending threats to individual workstations via email. If hackers can get access to a workstation, then they can access the data on the on-premise servers. They rarely attack the server environment directly.
With Acumatica, your data is hosted in the cloud and all of your user workstations are completely segmented. That means, even if a hacker gets into a workstation, they can’t access anything beyond that workstation. Individual workstations are no longer a viable entry point for hackers.
These 6 ways Acumatica protects your data are just the beginning of what Acumatica can do for you. Your data is just too important to trust with any ERP provider. Choose Acumatica.
Pinnacle Finds the Right Solutions for Customers
As an Acumatica Gold-Certified Partner, we are ready and able to ensure your data is protected by implementing an Acumatica ERP system.