The next steps for Sage Line 500 customers
June 21, 2017 | News
You were quite happy using Sage Line 500, it managed your finances perfectly well and was sufficient for what you needed it to do. A few years later, Sage no longer actively market the solution and you're wondering if the reliable system you've been using for years is still fit for purpose.
The first thing to say is if this sounds familiar to you, there’s no need to panic. Sage may no longer be investing in or promoting Sage Line 500 but it doesn’t mean that they are cutting off current customers. You can still carry on using the system as you have it, but you won’t be able to benefit from any new technology and Sage no longer guarantees that it will be legislatively compliant. At Pinnacle we still support Sage Line 500, having worked with the solution for many years we have a highly experienced, dedicated Sage Line 500 support team.
However, if you don’t like the idea of using a legacy solution and want to add value through your business management solution then you should consider upgrading to a different Sage product. Sage 200 is the most similar product to Sage Line 500 and is the best choice for smaller businesses. If you’re looking for a more long term solution then it could be worth investing in Sage’s flagship business management solution, Sage X3.
- You need one solution to manage your entire business processes, from finance to manufacturing, CRM to project management
- You need intelligent insight on your business data
- You have two or more business sites, whether this be separate offices, a separate manufacturing site or an over-seas unit
- You want to be able to access your business data remotely, via any mobile device or tablet
- You want an easy to use solution with a modern, user friendly interface
- You don’t want to change your processes to fit an out of the box solution
- You have 50+ employees
- You have a turnover of £10 million or more
- You conduct business in any other country apart from the UK and Ireland
Sage X3 is Sage’s flagship business management solution and as such is being constantly invested in and improved on by Sage, with no danger of it becoming a legacy product. By investing in Sage X3 you equip your business with a solution that can grow with your company and be used for many years to come.
If you’d like to find out more about Sage X3, join our webinar where you can see the product in action.