Pinnacle presents Mackenzie Construction with St Andrew's First Aid Award
November 26, 2018 | News
The St Andrew's First Aid “Large Organisation of the Year for First Aid Excellence” Award 2018, of which Pinnacle were proud sponsors, was presented to Scott Harvey of MacKenzie Construction, by Pinnacle’s MD James Spencer at a gala dinner.
Pinnacle's Scottish team was out in force to support St Andrew’s First Aid, a long-standing Pinnacle customer.
"Pinnacle is delighted to support our long-standing customer St Andrew's First Aid in this special awards ceremony. Congratulations to all volunteers, nominees & winners, including winners of the "Large Organisation of the Year for First Aid Excellence” Award 2018 MacKenzie Construction, of which Pinnacle were proud sponsors".
For over 130 years, St Andrew’s First Aid has been training people across Scotland in life-saving skills and providing the highest level of first aid cover at events throughout the country. The Scottish First Aid Awards marked the end of Scottish First Aid Week.
With 2018 being the Year of the Young Person, a special emphasis will be placed upon young people whose actions have had a positive outcome for someone else or who have dedicated their personal time to volunteering. Two categories - Young First Aid Hero of the Year and Young First Aid Volunteer of the Year – recognized these individuals’ efforts.
Winners on the night were also named in the following categories:
- Young First Aid Hero of the Year - Cayden McAuley
- Young First Aid Volunteer of the Year - Christopher Williamson
- First Aid Volunteer of the Year - Iain Cuthbertson
- Small Organisation of the Year for First Aid Excellence - Bearsden West Community Council
- Large Organisation of the Year, Sponsored by Pinnacle - MacKenzie Construction
- Emergency Services Hero of the Year - Highly Commended: Constables Darren McDaid & Niall McCloskey; Winner: PC Alasdair Bell
- Community Champion - Keep to the Beat
- First Aid Hero of the Year - Clare Devlin
- The Douglas Bremner Special Commendation - Alec & Kayleigh Brown
- The Chairmans Award - Liz Seymour & Craig Simpson
The awards also honoured the support of the 1100 volunteers and 250 youth volunteers who give up around 67,000 hours of their own personal time every year. They have provided first aid cover to the millions of people who attend around 2000 events in Scotland every year.
St Andrew's First Aid is Scotland’s only dedicated first aid charity and has been one of the country’s preferred first aid providers for over 130 years.
The voluntary organisation aims to preserve the lives of people across Scotland through the provision of the highest standards of training and education initiatives and emergency first aid at public events.
Each year, St Andrew’s First Aid teaches vital life-saving techniques to over 20,000 people across the country.
A very fun and emotional evening had by all!