Sage Line 500
About Sage Line 500
A tried and tested Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application, Sage Line 500 has huge depth and breadth of functionality, with the flexibility to be configured and deployed to suit exactly the way your organisation works.
Whether you operate in manufacturing, production, distribution or business services, Sage Line 500 provides the enterprise-wide business information and firm management control you need to balance increased profitability with delivering consistently high service levels.
Sage Line 500 supports and consolidates activity across your expanding business through:
- Full set of modules covers operations across many areas of your business
- Huge breadth and depth of functionality meets the needs of complex operations
- Highly customisable - can be tailored to suit your particular processes
- Powerful integration tools: Build a true business management system with Sage Line 500 at the heart, and deep linkages to other Sage and third-party software
- Multiple language variants: supports your international needs and aspirations
- Desktop and/or web deployment - fits in with your infrastructure
- Compatible with a number of databases and operating systems
To find out more on how Sage Line 500 can help your business please download our Sage Line 500 datasheets which can be found under the 'Datasheets' tab above.
Looking to migrate from Sage Line 500 to Sage ERP 1000 or Sage ERP X3? Contact Pinnacle today to view a demo, receive a quote or discuss the business benefits of migrating.
Call UK: 0843 453 0103 l ROI: 01 419 8990
Sage Line 500 v7.1
Sage Line 500 v7.1 has been developed by Sage through close consultation with customers and also contains enhancements across a number of areas including legal & fiscal changes and market driven rquirements. Here's a selection below:-
More than 30 small popular requests have been included in v7.1 including:
- General Ledger Transaction Archiving - introduces a new selection to allow the entry of a cut-off year and period to be entered rather than the number of periods to save.
- Accounts Payable and Purchase Order Processing - checks for duplicate invoice numbers.
- SOP Picking Lists and Despatch Notes can now be printed in customer sequence and it is possible to move orders to despatch note sent status without producing a despatch note if this document is not required.
- Aged Creditors Report - new selection options are available to make this a closer match to the Aged Debtors report.
Legal and Fiscal Changes
Sage Line 500 v7.1 continues to deliver support for the latest legal & fiscal compliance in target global economies and provides support for:
- Italian VAT Reporting changes - a new report has been introduced which addresses the Italian legal requirement to provide details of customer and supplier VAT transactions by online submission.
- German GDPdU Tax Extract - the German legal and fiscal requirements for data access and the auditing of digital documents are satisfied by this new functionality. This project is also been made available in earlier versions of Line 500.
- HR Interface Management - enables Payroll Management to utilise data in external HR systems by allowing the import and processing of payroll data from an external source.
Market driven requirements
Another consideration in our product development strategy is how the market place is changing and the impact of these changes on business processes. In Sage Line 500 v7.1, we've again focused on improving the supply chain processes.
- SOP Line Insert - this project provides functionality to allow additional lines to be inserted at any point into a sales quotation, order, invoice or credit note.
- Supply Chain Allocations - allows the warehouse from which the customer can receive stock to be specified in Telesales, so that as much stock as possible is taken from each of the warehouses in turn until the order has been fulfilled. Additionally, warehouses may be specified as a 'transfer order warehouse', typically for distribution centres which stock goods not usually held at the local warehouse. A sales order raised against a transfer order would result in an instruction to that warehouse to supply the goods (transfer order).
Sage Line 500 v7.1 is supports the following language options: French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and US English.
Sage Line 500 v7.1 continues to be offered over the breadth of platforms available for Sage Line 500 v7 and additionally offers support for Windows Server 2008. In line with the previously communicated policy, Line 500 v7.1 over Microsoft Windows and Sql Server will be available on the release date and all the Unix variables will be subject to order.
Sage Line 500 Core Modules
The core finance modules within Sage Line 500 encompass General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management.
Finance: Benefits at a glance
- Provides tight financial control with full visibility of costs committed before expenditure is incurred
- Includes powerful reporting tools and evaluation of market trends to assist informed strategic decisions
- Manages your cash flow through close budget control and efficient purchase requisitioning
- Supports international business with multi-language, multi-currency,
- Cut the cost of doing business
Sage Line 500 Financials automates routine tasks and supports your users with a system that is easy to use and can be customised to suit their working style. Employee productivity is increased, while your administrative costs are reduced.
- A global solution for your expanding business
As an integrated financial management system, Sage Line 500 Financials gives you control over your local or international business, while fully accommodating domestic markets including legal, accounting and taxation requirements. Sage Line 500 carries out international reporting in both local and head-office reporting currencies and at any level in the company hierarchy.
- Operational and strategic information readily available
Fast, accurate reporting and analysis are essential to responding rapidly to changes in the day to day business environment and for long-term sustained success. Sage Line 500 Financials ensures that your critical decisions are firmly based on solid and concise information, consolidated across your enterprise. Managers and staff have access to comprehensive integrated information, including attachments such as spreadsheets and eMails, with drill-down to the required level of detail or history.
Sage Line 500 Core Distribution Modules:
The core distribution modules within Sage Line 500 encompass Inventory Control, Sales Order Entry, Sales Invoicing and Analysis, and Purchase Order Processing.
Distribution: Benefits at a glance
- Cuts costs by minimising your investment in inventory, improving stock management and optimising transport resources
- Helps you develop and maintain market share by offering telesales support, enhancing service levels and providing flexible ordering/payment options
- Maximises the value of your supply chain and supports you in building strong partner networks
- Keeps your finger on the pulse with business alerts
- Build market share through exceptional - and profitable - customer service Sage Line 500 Distribution supports you in the drive to deliver levels of service that exceed customers' expectations, while closely managing your costs. It provides the necessary integrated processes and information flows to help you supply total quality in terms of products, service and after-sales support.
The order processing options within Sage Line 500 Distribution give you maximum flexibility in fulfilling customers' individual requirements on ordering and payment methods, order size, delivery times and packaging and labelling.
At the same time, comprehensive reporting and evaluation of market trends, analysed by product, market sector and geography, give you a clear picture of where your best opportunities for profit lie.
Companies handling large volumes of orders over the telephone will be interested in the new telesales module, which can handle a multitude of requirements, including mail order and counter sales, in a variety of industries.
- Focus your supply chain and your resources on customer satisfaction
Supplying excellence in service demands strong partner networks that are concentrated on continuous improvement in customer service. Sage Line 500 Distribution helps you manage a seamless flow of information and goods from supplier to end consumer. You will reduce inventory and manage stock to satisfy your customers in a cost-effective way.
Sage Line 500 Distribution keeps you fully in control, even in multiwarehouse environments, with real-time multisite views of current and expected stock and extensive inventory management features.
- Create an effective purchasing strategy to reduce your financial commitment
An efficient purchasing strategy balances high customer service levels with minimal financial commitment. Through its extensive support for purchase requisitioning, Sage Line 500 Distribution helps you create a centrally managed, flexible purchasing operation that keeps you fully in control.
- Be fully alert to significant events
Being able to react quickly to occurrences or conditions that could potentially affect - or harm - your profitability or service levels is vital for sustained success. Sage Line 500 'sounds the alarm' by alerting your nominated person to respond to predefined business events, by your choice of eMail, phone, SMS, pager, fax, or over the web when configured to work with business alerting software.
Sage Line 500 Core Manufacturing Modules:
The core manufacturing modules within Sage Line 500 encompass Bill of Materials, Works Order Processing, Material Requirements Planning.
Manufacturing: Benefits at a glance
- Supports configure-to-order, manufacture-to-order and batch engineering
- Controls associated material, inventory and processing costs
- Monitors and reports on issues and events on the shop floor to maintain maximum productivity
- Eases the complexity of managing your own resources and subcontractors
- Supports you in meeting the requirements of broad markets or individual customers
- Powerful resource management
Whether you require support for an agile manufacturing organisation or for a batch engineering machine shop, Sage Line 500 Manufacturing gives you tight financial control of associated material and processing costs and real-time valuations of both completed operations and Work in Progress. You receive every assistance in managing the complexity of resources involved in manufacturing, encompassing both your own shop floor and subcontractors.
- Maintain maximum productivity, with efficient shop-floor management
Sage Line 500 Manufacturing monitors and reports in real time on issues and events on the shop floor that could affect your productivity. You benefit from readily available detailed, focused information on work in progress and on predefined events such as the frequency of machine breakdowns or absenteeism.
Sage Line 500 Additional Modules:
Additional complementary finance, distribution and manufacturing modules can also be purchased to customise your Sage Line 500 system.
Complementary finance modules: General Ledger Consolidation, Absorption Costing, Inter Entity Accounting, Credit Management, Fixed Assets, Job Costing, Payroll, Electronic Payments (BACS), International Payments, Report Writer, Report Writer Language, Auditing & Security, and Data Import.
Complementary distribution modules: Telesales Order Entry & Utilities, Purchase Requisitions, Point of Sale, Post Code Search, Repetitive Route Scheduling, Warehouse Management, Utilities and Bar Coding, Returns and Repairs, Branch Inventory Transfer Management, Waste Management, and Extended Discounts.
Complementary manufacturing modules: Job Scheduler (AutoQ), Product Configuration, Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Routing, Sub Contract Control, and Work in Progress,
To find out more on the additional modules for Sage Line 500 please download our Sage Line 500 datasheets which can be found under the 'Datasheets' tab above.
Sage Line 500 Distribution Datasheets
Sage Line 500 E-Business Datasheets
Sage Line 500 Finance Datasheets
Sage Line 500 Manufacturing Datasheets
Sage Line 500 Paperless Datasheet
Sage Line 500 Payroll Datasheet
Sage Line 500 Services Datasheets
Pinnacle Computing has dedicated Sage Line 500 teams who have the technical expertise and experience to successfully implement your Sage Line 500 solution. Pinnacle can offer the following services:
- Business needs analysis
- Project scoping and cost analysis
- Project management and implementation
- Product customisation – to meet your business needs
- End-user training - for all levels
- Ongoing support for your Sage Line 500 system
- Additional implementations as your business grows
- Tailored solutions for specific verticals
Call UK: 0843 453 0103 ROI: 01 419 8990